Obamacare News Blog

The Most Asked Tonik Questions

So we get a lot of question about Anthem Blue Cross Tonik health insurance, but this one comes up more often than not.

Question: Can I Travel Out of State and Still Be Covered by Tonik?

Answer: If you plan to travel outside of California, take your Tonik card with you…you might need it. If you require medical care or treatment out of state, you may use a local Blue Cross and or Blue Shield participating provider. If you use one of these providers, your “out of pocket” expenses may be lower than those incurred when using non participating providers.

If you are traveling outside the United States, coverage is provided in Medical Emergencies only. Please call 1.800.810.BLUE (2583) to inquire about providers that may participate in the BlueCard out of state and worldwide program.

You can read more Tonik FAQs for your state by visiting our Tonik health insurance section.

Comments and Questions

Click to leave a Comment

Leave a Question or Comment

A moderator turned off commenting for this post