Finding an Affordable Health Insurance Company: Easy as 1-2-3
Just about everyone wants to find a quality health insurance plan, but finding an affordable health insurance company can seem like a difficult and complicated task. Contrary to popular belief, however, there is not one insurance provider that is more affordable than the rest. Most insurance companies offer dozens of health insurance plans ranging from more basic, lower cost plans to higher-end, more expensive ones.
3 Steps to Finding the Right Insurance Company
- Step 1: Consider size. An affordable health insurance company should have enough members to negotiate the best rates with doctors. More members mean more bargaining power, which in turn tends to mean better rates. Smaller insurance companies often have to pay higher fees for the same medical costs, and they pass those fees on to you.
- Step 2: Compare plans online. With an online quote tool like ours at Medicoverage, you can quickly compare various health insurance companies and their plans until you find one that matches your needs. If you purchased CoreShare Plus Colorado this is your breakdown of costs and coverage. Click here and enter your zip code at the top of the page to get a list of easy-to-compare quotes in 10 seconds or less. This online research will allow you to select a plan with only the services you need and avoid paying extra fees for services that you don’t use (e.g. maternity if you are a man).
- Step 3: Check quality. Do a little research into the company before you select one of their plans to ensure that they have excellent feedback and ratings from other customers. It won’t matter how cheap the insurance is if you can’t get good care when you need it.
Saving After You’re Covered
There are some common sense things you can do after you have health insurance that can continue to save you money on medical care
- Before you get any treatment, shop around for the best price. The cost for the same procedure can vary dramatically.
- Only go the emergency room when necessary.
- Try home remedies.
- Use existing x-rays when you go to the dentist.
- Use mail order prescription drugs.
- Purchase generic or over the counter drugs when possible.
- Choose a plan with a higher deductible, which saves you money on monthly premiums.
- Pay for your premiums once a year, as this is often cheaper than monthly.
- Use your local free clinic for basic services, even if you have insurance, these can save you money if you are in a tight financial spot .
Using the tips above, you should be able to find an affordable health insurance company and, more importantly, a health insurance plan that suits both your health and your finances.
Comments and QuestionsClick to leave a Comment
Comment from Android app developer on December 05, 2011
Your informational post is great resource for lots of peoples, so you can create more blog with useful information. thanks for creating this useful blog.
Comment from Mark Wilson2 on November 15, 2011
Having a health insurance policy is really a nice thing and to get this we should search the company on web and then analyse the amount we will get and we better compare this plan with the plan of other companies.
Comment from ggema on October 19, 2011
I think it is really hard to find the best and affordable health insurance. Anyone else struggling with this process?
Comment from kevin patrick on October 08, 2011
Individual coverage is hard to select since there are so many different options. It should be like Medigap. Medigap has a standard benefit package that covers medically necessary care that beneficiaries can receive from nearly any hospital or doctor in the country. Every insurance company offers the exact same plan with the exact same benefits so they are competing on PRICE and Service (two things I care about).
Stop trying to confuse us with all these options. If I didn't have an agent I would have never been able to pick a plan. Thank goodness there are no charges to work with an agent.
Comment from Khan Khan on September 14, 2011
Most insurance companies offer dozens of health insurance plans ranging from more basic, lower cost plans to higher-end. I suggest just go with a basic plan.
Comment from Khan Khan on September 13, 2011
Contrary to popular belief, however, there is not one insurance provider that is always more affordable than the rest. It depends on your age, gender, zipcode and health history. I would get quotes from a few providers and apply to the top 2.
Comment from COMMENT REMOVED on September 13, 2011
This comment was removed as it didn't pertain to the blog conversation.
Comment from Da Truth on September 12, 2011
It won’t matter how cheap the insurance is if you can’t get good care when you need it. I live in a rural area without hospitals. What good is health insurance if there are no good hospitals nearby?
Comment from Adam on September 05, 2011
This online research will allow you to select a plan with only the services you need and avoid paying extra fees for services that you don’t use (e.g. maternity if you are a man).
Comment from mivpl on August 24, 2011
Smaller insurance companies often have to pay higher fees for the same medical costs, and they pass those fees on to you.
Comment from mivpl on August 22, 2011
Smaller insurance companies often have to pay higher fees for the same medical costs, and they pass those fees on to you. So go with a bigger company to save money
Comment from mom on August 04, 2011
How are we going to determine if we are choosing the best health insurance company? Sorry guys but I just needed to know in order for me be aware next time.
Comment from angie on August 04, 2011
Yeah.. I think I agree with you buddy. Thanks much for sharing this great information.
Comment from Lilly on July 26, 2011
Is it really as easy. Well I cant say this because I will first try.
Comment from Ashley on July 04, 2011
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article!