Read the explanation to the right first. If you understand the deductible, you're probably wondering how much does it cost each month.
Your actual price is based on your age, zip code and previous medical history. The online application takes these factors into account and will show the the prices for your plan before asking for any billing information. Here is the secure link to the Tonik Application.
Tonik has a $5000 dollar calender-year deductible. You do not have to pay towards your deductible until you use certain medical services.
There are 5 areas under Tonik
where you are not required to pay the deductible at all before receiving covered services.
1) Regular Office Visits. You just pay $20 for the first 4 visits with no deductible required. Specialist such as OBGYN and Dermatologist count as a office visit while dental visits do not. If you go to the doctor more than 4 times in one year, your 5th and subsequent visits will require that you pay the doctors negotiated rate for a visit. This fee will go towards satisfying your deductible.
2) Preventive Medical Visits. There is no charge or copay for your annual check-up, physcial exam and the associated labwork. This is new as of 2010. Yay!
3) Generic Drugs: You just pay $15 copay with no deductible required.
4) Preventive Dental: No copay or deductible required. This includes initial dental x-rays, check-ups, teeth cleaning. If you have a cavity then you pay $25 dollars and Anthem Blue Cross pays 80% of the filling and you pay 20%
5) Vision: Vision does not require a copay or deductible. Tonik will pay $50 for routine eye exam, regular glasses, or contact lenses. Want more? Tonik will also cover up to $100 for your basic frames and lenses or $80 for the contacts.
Remember the copays above do not go toward your deductible.
For all other benefits, such as labwork, xrays, MRIs, inpatient and outpatient operations, you are required to first pay towards your deductible before Anthem Blue Cross Tonik contributes to covered services. Once your annual deductible is met, you are not required to pay anything more for covered services and Tonik responsible for all covered medical services fees for the rest of the calender year.
Feel free to search our FAQs for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the ACA (OBAMACARE), Tonik will not be available for purchase after 11/29/2013. If you want a Tonik plan you should sign up for Tonik now. Call 800-930-7956 if you have questions.