5 Tips When Shopping for Health Insurance
Finding coverage that meets your healthcare needs and fits your budget can be challenging. This is because health insurance that covers more tends to cost more. Listed below are 5 useful tips to keep in mind when shopping for a health plan.
1) Do your best to balance the cost (monthly premium) of a policy with the protection that it offers.
2) Determine what you will have to pay out-of-pocket for covered services (such as a deductible, coinsurance, or copayments).
3) Estimate costs for non-covered care (services excluded or limited by the policy). Also be aware of any additional fees (charges above what the plan recognizes).
4) Avoid policies that don’t have some kind of out-of-pocket limit on covered charges. (An out-of-pocket limit is the maximum amount that you are required to pay per calendar year for services under a health plan)
5) Don’t mistake insurance-like products for comprehensive coverage.
For pricing information on available health plans, please refer to our Health Insurance Quote Tool. You can also contact a MediCoverage Agent at (800) 930-7956